When your loved one dies and you are grieving, the administration of their estate is a stress you don’t need. But the legal “stuff” has to be done so their assets can be distributed to the beneficiaries, creditors and other parties named in the will.
The team at Mountains Lawyers is dedicated to guiding you through that legal process so that your loved one’s will and trust can be executed while you grieve in peace.
We will explain the process so you know what is happening at all times. It can be a lengthy and costly process, but that is why we are here for you.
Your lawyer will work with you to help ensure the process of estate administration goes smoothly and painlessly.
Your role as the executor
Your lawyer will also explain your rights are the executor, should you choose to resign or decline the role assigned to you. If you choose to decline, your lawyer will assist you in appointing a a replacement.
If you choose to proceed as executor, then your duties will include:
- Applying for probate (if necessary)
- Collecting your loved one’s assets
- Settling any debts
- Paying outstanding bills and applicable taxes
- Looking after estate properties until they are settled
- Distributing remaining assets according instructions in the will
Our lawyers are prepared to guide you through the legal process no matter how complex. So call us on 9592 7326 today to schedule an appointment.
Disputes related to estate administration
Mountains Lawyers also assist with legal counsel and assistance should a conflict or dispute arise over the administration of the estate. When someone contests the execution of a loved one’s will, the consequences can add more stress and can be devastating.
Common examples of disputes include:
- An individual argues the assets have not being distributed properly
- An individual feels the will is not valid because they believe their loved one was not mentally fit when they drafted their will
- An individual believes the deceased may have been influenced into writing their will in a way that benefits certain people
It is crucial to have an experienced lawyer by your side to protect you and your loved one’s wishes.
Ask for legal guidance today
Call Mountains Lawyers on 9592 7326 today to discuss your nomination as will executor.